[Chicken-users] Registration on the chicken wiki
Martin Schneeweis
2018-06-15 06:48:54 UTC

is there a way to register on the wiki page?
(https://wiki.call-cc.org/)?

Some pages need some love (especially for neewbies like me).

Thanks,
Martin
Mario Domenech Goulart
2018-06-15 07:20:16 UTC
Hey Martin,
Post by Martin Schneeweis
is there a way to register on the wiki page?
(https://wiki.call-cc.org/)?
Yes, sure! Just send me a private message with:

* the username you want to use for your account

* the hash of your password. It can be generated with

$ openssl passwd -apr1
Post by Martin Schneeweis
Some pages need some love (especially for neewbies like me).
Indeed. Thanks for your interest in contributing to CHICKEN. If you
need assistance at deciding what to do with wiki pages, maybe the
#chicken IRC channel on Freenode can be helpful.

All the best.
Mario
http://parenteses.org/mario
Martin Schneeweis
2018-06-15 12:06:06 UTC
Hi everyone,

example for what I want: editing a file that starts with

(import scheme chicken)
(use (prefix ports p:))

and then typing somewhere (pipe is my caret)

(p:po|

hitting <Ctrl-Space> - a list pops up - content:

p:port-fold
p:port-for-each
p:port-map

If someone knows of an existing solution - please stop reading -
otherwise please have a look at my implementation and tell me if that
idea is completely insane - and if so - how I could accomplish the same
task easier.

What I am doing is basically:
- parse the current file for occurences of "use", "import" or
"require-extension"
- synthesize a command that looks something like this:

"csi -setup-mode -eval
\"(import ...)(use ...)(print (sort ... (foldl ...
(##sys#current-environment) ...\""

- process the result

The problem with this imlementation is: the symbols of "used" modules
are missing.

If I replace the "use ..." with "import ..." then the symbols become
visible (that baffled me a little bit after reading
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38924452/use-vs-import-vs-require-vs-require-extension-in-chicken-scheme).

Changing the use- (and I guess require-extension-) clauses seems a
little bit contrived in my eyes - so I thought before I change my
"parser" I ask some chicken experts...
Vasilij Schneidermann
2018-06-15 12:17:09 UTC
Hello Martin,
Post by Martin Schneeweis
The problem with this imlementation is: the symbols of "used" modules
are missing.
I've written a replacement for the readline egg [1] for a few reasons,
one of them being its completion suffering from the same issue you
describe. Perhaps you'll find its completion code [2] useful, I've been
able to reuse it for the parley egg so far.

Vasilij

[1]: https://github.com/wasamasa/readline
[2]: https://github.com/wasamasa/readline/blob/master/readline-scheme-completion.scm
Martin Schneeweis
2018-06-15 12:53:57 UTC
Hi Vasilij,
Post by Vasilij Schneidermann
Post by Martin Schneeweis
The problem with this imlementation is: the symbols of "used"
modules are missing.
I've written a replacement for the readline egg [1] for a few reasons,
one of them being its completion suffering from the same issue you
describe. Perhaps you'll find its completion code [2] useful, I've
been able to reuse it for the parley egg so far.
thank you so much for the pointer!

I settled with "readline" for my interactive csi adventures and did not
recognise that this egg had the same problem (the fact that I used
"ports" for my test did not help becuase "ports" is obviously loaded
when csi is started with that egg (now that I know I will definitely
have a second look at parlay and figure out how to bind my
tab-key :-P)).

I guess I have a closer look at the apropos-egg - no idea why I missed
that egg so far (maybe the category "misc" is not the perfect place).

lg
Martin
Vasilij Schneidermann
2018-06-15 13:41:24 UTC
Hello Martin,
...now I am a little bit confused.
I read the parlay egg docu again, remembered that there is no
autocompletion included - your repository looks like an egg
(https://github.com/wasamasa/readline) - but nowhere to be found in
http://wiki.call-cc.org/chicken-projects/egg-index-4.html
Am I blind?
It's not published to the coop, simply because there already is a
readline egg and I couldn't come up with a good name for my own,
incompatible egg. Their interfaces are completely different. You can
install mine by downloading the sources, then executing
`chicken-install` in its directory.

My code for integrating completions into Parley is in my dotfiles [1].

Vasilij

[1]: https://github.com/wasamasa/dotfiles/blob/master/home/wasa/.csirc
Martin Schneeweis
2018-06-15 14:13:55 UTC
Post by Vasilij Schneidermann
My code for integrating completions into Parley is in my dotfiles [1].
Vasilij
[1]: https://github.com/wasamasa/dotfiles/blob/master/home/wasa/.csirc
Thanks a lot Vasilij!

Martin